Mud, ropes, barrels, tires, rocks, wood, water, logs, sand and dirt mixed with a big bowl of adrenalin and spread out into a 5K mud run/obstacle challenge. Join us for live music, good food (concessions on site or bring your own cooler), and great company! Hotel rooms, cabins, and camping also available on site!
2015 Course Map:
Panther Run is an adventurous 5K running race filled with heart pumping obstacles. Challenging enough for the most hardened mud/obstacle run veterans, but also friendly enough for beginners. We’ll have people along the way to help if you need it. Join us for a sweat drenched, mud slinging, obstacle saturated 5K dash through the woods and over the hills! Tap in to the fierceness of your inner Panther and conquer Panther Run! Do it solo or lead your best Panther team into battle. The ultimate in mud running – obstacle racing fun.
WHY SHOULD I DO IT?
- Because you’re ready to break out of your day to day routine and attack life like a panther.
- Because you’ll be helping out those less fortunate through World Vision.
- Because your life is shorter every minute that passes and you’re ready to stand up and be counted.
- Because there are no excuses, pain is temporary, and glory lasts forever!
WHERE WILL IT TAKE PLACE:
Panther Run will be at The Ridge Off-Road Riding Park in Springville, AL. Springville is located approximately 25 minutes N.E. of Birmingham, Alabama, and 35 minutes S.W. of Gadsden, Alabama. Only an hour and half drive from Hunstville or Atlanta.
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I REGISTER?
- Panther Run T-Shirt, hugger (or something of similar value), and tote bag.
- Awesome medal when you cross the finish line.
- A chance to conquer your fear.
- A great time with family and friends!!
- No race day registration. You must register online before the race.
- All participants must follow course officials’ instructions.
- All participants understand that this is not a normal 5K race, it is an extreme foot race through rough terrain with obstacles, and fully understand the risks involved.
- You must be 14 years or older at race day to race by yourself. 9 – 13 year old may race on a team with a Parent/Guardian. No one under 10 allowed.
- All photos taken by media or Staff can be used to market or promote other Races
- All participants must complete and sign a waiver of liability. If you are under 19 then your parents/guardians must also sign the waiver.
- All participants understand there are no refunds or transfers.
- Participants understand all timing will be done by with chips.
- Participants understand that if they do not complete each obstacle or race they will not be able to receive any awards.
- It is up to the participant to complete each obstacle, if the participant does not feel they can complete the race or obstacle it is their responsibility to leave or avoid the obstacle all together.
- It is the participant’s duty to inform Staff if they have been injured or hurt during the race.
Come out and see who survives! It’s free!! Support the racers and watch them have the time of their life!
Photos will be posted and available for purchase. If you take photos please share on our Facebook page.
AWARDS & PRIZES:
An insane amount of panther pride, awesome finishing medal, T-shirt, and more. No individual awards will be given out except for the 8AM Elite Heat.
Challenge yourself against the best. This heat is for serious runners only. The fastest overall male and female get free entrance into the next race. The fastest team and the 1st place male and female in each age division will get half-off the next race.
Don’t forget about costumes! We encourage even the craziest of fun, but please no nudity.
Participants assume all risks & medical expenses if needed during or after the race
All participants will brief themselves as to where the medical tent is located when they arrive for the race
More race info on our FAQ page…
The Ridge is a 500 acre Off-Road Riding Park with over 35 miles of trails, 4 motocross tracks, camping, cabins, hotel rooms, catch and release fishing, ATV and Side by Side rentals, and more. Located just 30 min outside Birmingham Alabama.- http://www.ridgeriding.com/